Our Managed Security service will help to protect your ICT systems, minimise data theft and safeguard your critical business data from internal and external threats.
Handling security and threat management
IT security can be bewildering and troubling, even for IT professionals. It’s hard to keep track of all the endpoints and whether or not you’re keeping your ICT systems tight and secure.
It’s difficult ensuring that the right people have access to the information they need to see, let alone keeping the wrong people out or preventing denial-of-service attacks on your IT systems.
Plus, the threats are constantly changing, so security is always a concern and usually a major distraction.
This is why Security Management is a key part of our managed services portfolio. This page covers the options from a more technical perspective. We also offer a cloud anti-spam and anti-virus service for those who are less technical.
What we cover
We can provide Managed Security cover for servers, laptops, and desktop computers, as well as your network infrastructure and email systems. We’ll manage, monitor and administer your protection and help plan your strategic approach to data security including:
- An audit and advice on your best options
- User management and policy implementation
- Protection against data theft
- Administration and configuration of file system security and permissions to ensure confidentiality
- Monitoring security on systems with early warning of potential threats
- Managed scanning of computers for threats
- Taking steps to prevent infiltration from malware
- Keeping risk and threat to a minimum with managed updates to anti-virus and other protection software
- Protecting your email from the attack of viruses, spam, denial of service and phishing
- Help and support
What else is included?
- Reporting on your systems, such as security update status, to keep you fully informed about security of your systems
- Updates and scans performed on agreed schedules for convenience and to suit your working practices
- Advice on best practise around security
- A company-wide approach to ensure that all the gaps are plugged
- Management performed remotely, freeing up your own resources
- Managed backups, so that if unforeseen disaster strikes, we can have you up and running – like an insurance policy
- Peace-of-mind about security and confidentiality of your data, and there’ll be no risk of embarrassment in front of your customers, suppliers or competitors