The demands for flexibility in ICT can put quite a strain on IT Managers. Help is available though. Here’s what can be done and how we can help you achieve your team’s goals.
Why IT Managers need help with their ICT
Gaining additional expertise and technical resource will help you contribute fully to your organisation’s goals. There are a number of areas in which we can help improve your ICT function, including both day-to-day operations as well as with more strategic options.
There are numerous additional benefits, such as:
- You can manage your IT productively, driving the business forward, rather than getting bogged-down in firefighting or reactive activities that result from the clash between urgent priorities and limited time and resource.
- It’s a fast and cost-effective way to boost your available tech knowledge, gain niche or specialist knowledge, and to obtain access to operations that are already in line with industry standards and best practise, such as ticket management and Service Desk functions
- Flexibility – your resource can grow and contract depending on how busy you are, meaning your function offers better value for money and greater flexibility to the whole business
- You get to focus on your core functions during projects (e.g. during roll-outs) and during changes (such as office moves)
- Your organisation will value IT more when they see it as an enabler rather than as a cost to the business
- All of the above mean greater job satisfaction for you as the manager of the IT function
How we help IT Managers and internal teams
You can either complement your existing team, or fully outsource any of the following areas, for example:
Service Desk or help desk function
- With our highly efficient service management systems, SLAs and reporting, we can take on the entire support function. We’re also able to work with you, handling 1st line support or offer 3rd line expertise to add to the capabilities of your own support team.
Staffing cover and flexible resource
- Finding quality and trustworthy technical resource is very difficult. Our people are experienced and fully accredited, and can be there, as part of your team, to cover absences such as holiday and sickness, or if you happen to be unusually busy and need a helping hand to tide you over. We can help whether your requirement is for a single day or for several weeks.
Help with projects and installs
- As well as additional resource, we can help with all stages of the project life cycle, from feasibility through to post-install support, and all stages in between.
Monitoring and event management
- We can offer 24×7 monitoring of your key systems and give you a heads-up when critical changes take place. This is a step towards compliance in Event Management, and will help you focus on important matters.
- We already have great relationships with leading manufacturers and developers through the volume of business we do with them and as a result of our commitment to them with things like training. We can pass these advantages through to you when it comes to building specifications for solutions, getting quotes, and troubleshooting hardware, for example.
Advice and consultation
- With the fast and wide pace of ICT change, it’s always a good idea to have a second pair of hands and eyes to offer advice and, especially when you’re rushed off your feet, to act as a sanity check on proposals and ideas for change.
Variously known as Virtual IT Director or IT Manager, or just IT Consultancy, we can also assist with the following, more strategic areas:
ICT strategic roadmap
Using our ideas, expertise and experience, we can work with you to put an ICT strategy in place that will help you support the business in moving forward. This can include C-level and business-focused plans and proposals, and help in obtaining buy-in from the board.
Help achieve business goals or overcome obstacles (Consulting)
We can help scope solutions and deliver proposals designed to help your organisation achieve its strategic IT milestones. Our relationships with vendors mean that we can bring the latest innovations to the table too.
Planning for major events
- We see working with you as an investment in our future as well as yours
- We put service quality and your business objectives first
- We strongly believe in the importance of no-nonsense communication, pitched at the right technical level to ensure full understanding
- We strive to be transparent when it comes to pricing and progress
- We offer a flexible range of support options, such as: 24×7 monitoring, remote, onsite, extended hours, SLAs and reporting